1. Using the web browser on your computer, browse to the URL https://vpn.fredonia.edu.
2. When you are prompted for your eServices I.D. and password:
- Select from the Fredonia VPN client service drop down the Windows software installation package to download the FortiClient-windows-64-fredonia installation package.
NOTE: This software installation package is for 64-bit Windows operating systems. Android and iOS users will need to install this client directly from their app stores. ***NOTE: ALL university owned laptops should have the FortiClient VPN service already installed on the machine.***
- Next, find the FortiClient-windows-64-fredonia installation package and double click the Application file to run the installation.
NOTE: You will need local administrative privileges on the computer you are installing the Fredonia FortiClient-windows-64-fredonia installation package on.
- Check that you have read and accept the License Agreement and click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish.
- Find the FortiClient application and double click on it to open it.
- Log in the Fredonia VPN by entering your eServices User I.D. and password then selecting Connect.
- Find the Remote Desktop Connection application and double click on it to open it.
- Click Show Options.
- Setup a Remote Desktop Protocol session to your Fredonia computer workstation. Click Save As... to create a shortcut to the connection on your desktop.
NOTE: Your eServices account will need to be added to the Remote Desktop Users group on your Fredonia computer workstation.
- Click Connect.
- Once you have ended your session, you can get back in the next time by simply double clicking on the shortcut you created after logging into the VPN Service.