To log into the secure Fredonia Client VPN Service
1. Using the web browser on your computer, browse to the URL https://vpn.fredonia.edu.
2. When you are prompted for your eServices I.D. and password:
- In the field, type your eServices I.D.
- In the Password field, type your password.
3. Select Login.
The Fredonia Web VPN will redirect your web browser to the Fredonia SSL VPN web portal home page automatically.
Fredonia Client VPN Service Portal Overview
After logging in to the web portal, the remote user is presented with a web portal page similar to the following:
- Select from the Fredonia VPN client service drop down the Mac software installation package to download the forticlient-mac-fredonia.dmg installation package.
NOTE: This software installation package is for Mac OS X operating systems. Android and iOS users will need to install this client directly from their app stores.
- Next, find the forticlient-mac-fredonia.dmg installation package and double click the Application file to run the installation.
NOTE: You will need local administrative priviledges on the computer you are installing the Fredonia forticlient-mac-fredonia.dmg installation package on.
- Double click the Install icon, then click Continue.
- Check that you have read and accept the License Agreement and click Next.
- Click Install.
- Enter your local administrative credentials.
- Once the setup is complete, Find the FortiClient application and double click on it to open it.
- Log in the Fredonia VPN by entering your eServices User I.D. and password then selecting Connect.
- Find the Screen Sharing application and double click on it to open it. (To preform a Spotlight Search press command⌘+space)
- Enter the address of the computer you are connecting to
- Enter in you eServices credntials and click connect.
If you are connecting from your Mac to a Windows machine, follow these steps:
Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 from the App Store
Launch the application and click the + button to add a shortcut to your windows machine
Username: ad\e-services username
Password: Your normal e-services password
Security: change to "Allow server to choose the type of security"
After the session has been established, follow the normal login procedure.
There is no content with the specified labels