To Add or Update Your Faculty/Staff Photo:
- To update your photo, please request a new portrait at www.fredonia.edu/photo-request.
- New faculty/staff photos are taken in the Photo Studio, located in the Marketing and Communications offices, on the first floor of Gregory Hall.
- The Marketing and Communications Team will update your "official" approved photo for the university on all web pages.
- Faculty and staff have an opportunity to review their photos and select their preferred final approved photo from the photo studio session in the Marketing and Communications Photo Studio.
Example of an Approved Faculty/Staff Photo:
Dr. Lei Huang
School of Business
Faculty/Staff photo criteria:
Head and shoulders image, facing forward (or slightly off angle of directly forward), head fully in frame (not tightly cropped).
Neutral or plain background.
In focus (sharp).
Professionally produced (no cellphone photos).
Image must work in a 5x7 image ratio (portrait/vertical orientation), when cropped for the website.
High-resolution (1-2 MB file size).
Taken within the last 3 years.
Permission/license/release to use, if taken by an independent photographer.
Submitting an existing photo:
- If you have a new or existing high-quality faculty photo which you believe meets all of the above criteria, please email the high-resolution photo file to email@example.com for consideration by Marketing & Communications.
- If you had a faculty photo which appeared on the Fredonia website in its former design that you believe meets the above criteria that you would like to continue to use, you will need to submit the high-resolution file to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration by Marketing & Communications. (The files on the former website were uploaded at a lower resolution than our current standards, so we will need the high resolution file.)
- If you had a recent photo taken after January 2016 at the Marketing and Communications photo studio that you would like to use, and that photo does not yet appear on the new website, you will need to indicate that selection to email@example.com for it to be added to the website.
RELATED: Updating your Faculty Profile web page:
Complete details on updating a faculty profile web page is here: www.fredonia.edu/faculty-profile-page-help