…Recording a lesson?
…Needing breakout rooms for smaller groups/discussions?
...Meeting one-on-one or with a small (3-4) group?
...Just meeting to talk?
...Aren’t recording or sharing your screen?
...Teaching a lesson that doesn’t require discussion?
...Recording how-to’s or instructional videos?
...Needing unlimited recording time?
...Recording a class to use as a resource later on?
...Teaching a large class that requires audience to take part in the class?
...Needing more technical control over a meeting?
...Giving a presentation to a large group?
The ITS Department licenses and provides support for these platforms for use in classes, meetings, and events.
NOTE: We recommend using these platforms on a desktop computer with a wired internet connection for the best results.
You may use these platforms on other devices (laptop, tablet, phone, and more.) on Wi-Fi, however internet speed will vary.
Estimated Upload Times for a 50 minute Class
(Depending on Wifi)
- Video conferencing tool for live sessions during classes
which allows students to record and share content as well
- Integrates Google Calendar and Gmail
|Live captioning||30 - 35 minutes|
- Recording platform for capturing audio and video
including PowerPoints, and screen capture
- Recordings are kept locally and on the Panopto site
- Manual upload of content to the Panopto site
- No limit to cloud storage
Upload caption files
|25 - 35 minutes|
- Video conferencing tool for live sessions of classes
- Breakout Rooms
- Integrates OnCourse and Google Calendar
- Integrates Panopto for uploading content
- Limited cloud recording
Closed captioning by a participant
30 - 35 minutes
(at least 35 - 40 minutes using Panopto Integration)