Most web browsers include the ability to block pop-up windows. While this may eliminate annoying pop-up windows, the feature sometimes can impede the functionality of legitimate or useful web sites.
Add the following to your pop-up allowable list to allow the State University of New York at Fredonia sites:
The directions to configure pop-up settings are different for each browser. If you’ve installed Yahoo and Google toolbars, you might need to adjust those settings as well. You can temporarily allow pop-ups by holding the CTRL key whenever you click on a web link.
If your preferred browser is Firefox, open Firefox and do the following:
- Choose Options (or Preferences on Mac) under the menu.
- Select the Content tab.
- Select the button next to the Pop-ups item (Exceptions).
- Enter *.fredonia.edu (where * is the site you are trying to allow) into the Address of website.
- Select Allow. The site will show up in the list.
- Select Save Changes to finish.
If your preferred browser is Chrome, open Chrome and do the following:
- Choose Settings under the menu.
- Select Show advanced settings...
- Under Privacy, select the button Content settings...
- Scroll down to Pop-ups and select the button Manage exceptions...
- Enter *.fredonia.edu (where * is the site you are trying to allow) into the Hostname pattern.
- Select Done to finish.
Safari does not allow single web site control over blocking pop-ups windows. Pop-ups are either blocked, or they are not. To allow pop-ups:
- Choose Safari → Preferences.
- Under Security tab, check Block pop-up windows
- Close to finish.
- To block pop-ups once again, check Block pop-up windows and Close to finish.
If your preferred browser is Internet Explorer, open Internet Explorer and do the following:
- Choose Internet options under the menu.
- Select Privacy tab.
- Select the button next to the Pop-up Blocker item (Settings).
- Enter *.fredonia.edu into the Address of website to allow.
- Select Add. The site will show up in the list.
- Select Close to finish.
If you use Google Toolbar to block pop-ups, you need to visit the web site to allow pop-ups for that site. When visiting a Fredonia web site that requires pop-ups, such as FREDquest or OnCourse, click the pop-up blocker button to allow pop-ups on the site. The name of the button will change to Popups Okay.
First visit the site so the popup is blocked. Then add the source of the pop-up window to your Allowed List by doing the following:
1. Click the Pop-Up Blocker menu
2. Select Always Allow Pop-Ups From...
3. Select the site from the "Sources of Recently Blocked Pop-Ups" list
4. Click Allow to allow all pop-ups from this web site to appear without further action.
There is no content with the specified labels